The film is sandwiched between black paper and lead foil in soft user-friendly plastic packets. Each film is embossed with a dot to ensure proper orientation of the film.
Size 2 (adult size), 31×41 mm, 150 soft vinyl filmsper box. This size is also available as double film. Size 0 (children size), 22×35 mm, 100 soft vinyl films per box.
CEA DI can be processed in all kinds of X-ray processing systems that ensure a minimum time as required for intra-oral films.
- Automatic processors: Total processing time is dependent on temperature and the type of processor being used, 4 to 6 minutes or longer.
- Mechanised tank development with automatic film transport: Total processing time is dependent on processing time being used.
- Manual development of films in tanks or trays: Recommended development time of 5 minutes at a temperature of 20° C. The fixing time should be twice the clearing time, at least 2 minutes. In order to ensure good archiving quality, the films must be washed in running water (18-22° C) for a minimum of 10 minutes.
The intra-oral film is compatible with most typical safelights in use. All lamps with radiated light starting from 500 nm can be used. Darkroom lighting with sodium or mercury vapour lamps or darkroom lamps with green, red, orange-red or yellow safety filter can be used.
CEA extra-oral films
Panoramic and Cephalometric X-ray films
- CEADENT extra-oral films are available as blue and green sensitive screen films. Available sizes are 12×30, 15×30 and 18×24 cm.
- CEA extra-oral films are available in 100 sheet boxes.
- CEADENT DB, size 15×30 is also available in 50 sheet boxes.
||blue sensitive screen film
||green sensitive screen film
|CEADENT DG L
||medium to high contrast
||green sensitive screen film with wide exposure latitude
CEA films can be processed manually or in any conventional processor at 90 seconds processing time. It is compatible with all types of processing chemicals. However, we recommend CEA original chemicals for consistent results.
CEA intensifying screens
The CEA screens give optimal image quality with highest resolution and lowest noise at low dose when choosing the right film/screen combination. CEA screens are available in the following speed classes:
|Blue emitting screens
|Green emitting screens
The CEA cassette is a strong, light-weight and durable cassette in hard plastic. The cassette is available with or without identification window (EU type and US type). The excellent film/screen contact is achieved by magnetic attraction between a magnetised rubber cushion and a floating steel foil.